ACT II Popcorn
Act II Ready to Eat Popcorn is an all-time snacking Partner. Crunchy and Crisply, Ready to eat Popcorn is a healthy snacking option. It is available at various price points starting with Just Rs 5. It has exciting flavours- Butter, Kettle Corn, Strawberry and Caramel. ACT II RTE Popcorn is a wholesome tasty snacking option for people on the move. ACT II RTE is the perfect snack to have with friends and family to multiply your moments of joy.
Indian Spiced Popcorn
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 Hot chili peppers, very thinly sliced
- 2 Teaspoons garam masala/ or any curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon nigella seeds/ Black onion seeds/kalonji
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ACT II popcorn
- Sea Salt
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil. Add the sliced onions and the chili peppers and fry over medium – high heat, stirring occasionally, until they are golden, about 3-5 minutes. Remove the fried onions and peppers with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same pot, cook the garam masala/curry powder, pepper flakes and nigella seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about a minute.
- Season the ACT II popcorn with salt and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle the popcorn with the fried onions and chili peppers and pepper flakes, gently toss.
- Serve as snacks.
Curry-Coconut Popcorn Balls Recipe
- 9 Cups ACT II Popcorn (Plain popped)
- 1 Cup candy corn
- 1/3 Cup light Corn Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 tsp distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Tsp unsalted Butter (12 Stick cut into small Pieces)
- 4 Tsp curry powder
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked Coconut (Sweetened Angel, Toasted)
- 1/3 cup Candied Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- Coat a large heatproof bowl with butter, vegetable oil, or cooking spray and place ACT II popcorn in the bowl.
- Place sugar, corn syrup, water, vinegar, and salt in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Place over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture registers 260°F on a candy/fat thermometer, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, curry powder, and vanilla until melted and smooth.
- Immediately drizzle sugar mixture over ACT II popcorn. Add coconut and ginger and stir continuously with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of the bowl, until popcorn is thoroughly coated and cool enough to handle, about 3 minutes.
- Using buttered or oiled hands, tightly press mixture (it may still be a bit warm) into 3-inch rounds. Place on waxed or parchment paper to cool completely, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Spiced Sesame Popcorn
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (til)
- 1/2 Tsp cumin Deeds (jeera)
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Cheese or Mozzrella Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add sesame seeds and cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the ACT II popcorn.
- Top with the cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately.